How Well Do You Know Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts? Part 1
I thought it would be fun to make a series of quizzes about Walt Disney World.
Some of the questions are harder than others, but they are all based on things you can see or do at Walt Disney World today. I didn’t put in anything retro, and I also didn’t ask what I think are things that are almost impossible to know offhand (I.e., How many tiles are on Spaceship Earth?). Some of you may know the majority of the answers, others will know a bit less, but hopefully, everyone will learn something new and have a good time. Quiz #1 is below at the answer key is at the end. As Peter Pan says, “Come on everybody, here we goooooo!”
- What is the vehicle guests ride in the Haunted Mansion called?
- Name two Disney characters who have birthdays celebrated on November 18?
- Why are we asked to “thank the Phoenicians” at Epcot’s Spaceship Earth?
- Which ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has the same exact track set up as Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland?
- Where would guests ride in a “Time Machine” vehicle?
- Where would guests hear, “Give him a left, you big lug?”
- How would you obtain the title of “Galactic Hero?”
- What character is “always watching?”
- Where would guests find the Mill Stage?
- What resorts are on the Walt Disney World’s Skyliner routes to Epcot and Hollywood Studios?
- Where would you find the Summit Plummet?
- What are the various color names for the car garages at Disney Springs?
- The façade of the theater for the attraction Mickey’s Runaway Railway is based on what famous theater in California?
- Where would you go to dine if you want to watch old (mostly) creepy movies while you eat?
- Name the festival that has just begun at Epcot and will run until July 4, 2022.
The answer key is below.
- A Doom Buggy
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse (November 18 was the debut of Steamboat Willie; the duo’s first released cartoon)
- They invented a common alphabet that allowed people to communicate better.
- Spaceship Earth at Epcot
- The Carousel of Progress in the Magic Kingdom (Grandma says this while watching a boxing match on TV)
- By riding Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in the Magic Kingdom and getting the highest score possible (999,999)
- Roz from Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in the Magic Kingdom
- At Epcot’s World Showcase, Canada. (Musical acts perform there)
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Lime Garage and Orange Garage
- Grauman’s Chinese Theater/ TCL Chinese Theatre
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival